Monday, February 28, 2011

"A Facebook profile to 70 years of futility hello? Well no"

They were 6.5% among those over 65 years in France (700 000) to hold an account on Facebook in December 2010, according to the Observatory uses Internet Médiamétrie - a proportion that has doubled in one year. Whether to maintain ties with their grandchildren, old friends, old loves, or keep up with technological innovations, more and more seniors plébiscitent social network.

Others have tasted ... and hated. To prepare a survey published in Tech Buzz News dated Sunday 27-Monday, February 28 on these new practices, Tech News Buzz. en had appealed for witnesses, we publish a selection of contributions received. "Do not join involves a break with the new generation," by Anne Do not want to join Facebook causes a break with the new generation.

It's up to us to adapt to new forms of communication. At 58, intrigued, I decided to take the plunge, saying that Facebook was useless or dangerous, I had to use it. Nobody wanted me, so I started one. The day my daughter 24 years saw my first post, his reaction was immediate: "You here, Mom, of course I'll be your friend ..." All the family members have responded positively to my request .

The "old" could therefore be involved in their trade, I was delighted. Without Facebook, the links would be very distended. This communication is not satisfactory if it were the only but is more significant. My daughter gave me the book Welcome to Facebook! User manual for my birthday by making me this gift, I realized that I really welcome on the network.

Nevertheless, it is important to put the locks necessary to choose his publications and his friends to preserve some privacy. "The last place of boldness," by Paul For at least sixty years, I'm on the lookout for any scientific discovery or technological change carries a social life. Our generation has been spoiled: it is that of DNA, television, accompanying the birth and death, and also of social networks.

Facebook is my life instead of a few hours a day. That's where I met former students become partners, friends and sometimes mentors. It is an intergenerational space where you can share enthusiasm, indignation, invitations for events, petitions for large and small causes ... On the Web, the seventies are transmitted passions for music found a poem out of bed, an article that stirs thought.

A sign of fervent communional around the death of Jean Ferrat. Walking back, they throw on the Web images collected in the snow or mud. They exchange birthday greetings in various languages, salute a dead relative, take the few months of life wrapped canvas. Facebook does not denounce their loss of mobility, slowness of writing.

There will be an accomplice to the young image preserved on the profile. They are more likely to expose their private lives: they do not postulate for a first job and have no boss frowning. Social networks are the place of their latest daring, perhaps one of their last wishes. And one last hope: "Let's stay friends".

"A lot of idlers who spend their time telling nonsense," by Alan A foreign friend like me contacted by Facebook and offered to enroll in its network, I am convinced. Since that day, I keep being asked by strangers to be their friend. For me, the word friend has another meaning that when heaps of galvaudage unemployed spend their time telling their life and silliness that we have nothing to do.

So I equate this social network on pollution of the Internet, without interest other than that drawn by the founder of Facebook, juggling billions of dollars without getting tired acquired by exploiting the stupidity of people. We are not obliged to subscribe but when we got caught once, it is very hard to get rid of, except by deleting his mailbox at their ISP and creating a new one.

"Very useful to circulate news within the family", by Danielle I can not say I'm a fan of Facebook, where I spend little time, but it is a "service" which I appreciate. I limited the number of my friends to my family or people I know really. It lets me keep in touch with friends who live far without regular correspondence ...

By viewing the pages of my grandchildren, my nephews and grand-nephews, I feel I understand them better. It's also handy to "circulate the new" within the extended family. Finally, I've found (or been found by!) People lost sight of. However, I am well aware that this is possible. You can lose a lot of time, and occasionally I encourage my grandchildren to more discretion over their privacy.

"Meeting people who share the same passions," by Bertrand My grandchildren me a lot about Facebook. A little reluctant at first, I found this site which allowed me to meet people who share the same passions as me. With my wife we have been in contact with bridge partners and people enjoying the theater and opera.

Our retreat has taken a facelift. "Anything that can make the link in this atomized society should be encouraged 'by Helen I have taught 70 years and happily until the age of 67. I registered on Facebook to get in touch with my former students that I followed and then studies and early working life.

These children were very important to me and I'm glad to see that they succeed, for the most part, a path they have chosen. On the other hand, I have a large family, 6 children and 9 grandchildren, and it amuses me to follow them on their walls, to correspond with them and watch their photos.

Myself when there is a memorable event in the family, I share my albums. I regret not coming into contact with Facebook friends of my generation, unfamiliar, skeptical or downright hostile to this type of network. Anything that can make the link in this individualistic society, atomized, the "lonely crowd" seems significant and encouraging.

"I hate all these logos, quizzes and other fantasies," by Jean-Jacques, 65 Having been a professor of communications for twenty years, my 40 year old son who signed me up on Facebook. Since many of my students and friends lost sight contacted me. But I refuse to communicate through this medium, giving them my email address to continue the conversation.

I especially hate all the logos and messages, quizzes and other fancies which are exchanged and which I find totally stupid. "Some very emotional reunion with old love" by Ernestina I am between 60 and 70 years, so why participate in a social network of "lunch"? First, I wanted to jump on a train technology that messes all strata of society, not to be abandoned on the platform of "old fart".

Then, Facebook was a tool to find members of my family lost as a result of fights that were not mine. This network also provided me very emotional reunion with old friends, old lovers, the reunion that changed my life today. I am curious to understand the metamorphosis of society and wants to better understand difficult Buzz Tech News in which we live.

While I appreciate the iPhone and iPad, it is difficult to abandon the good old paper books that can dent wishes to. I'm on Facebook moderately with 23 friends, and I do not reveal too much either, you never know ... Perhaps Big Brother is watching me. " "Hello futility? Well, no," by Jean-Pierre Goes to chat again, but "twitter" at that age ...

The use of social networks deemed serious, kind of Viadeo, not surprising from a person, whether born before the war, who wants to operate effectively its business associations, cultural or corporate. As communications manager of an association of engineers, I can not not get involved in this mode of exchange.

But having a profile, a wall, and all the paraphernalia required on Facebook, it may seem unusual. Hello futility? Well, no. First, I discovered that many of my partners, engineers, writers, poets, publishers of magazines and show organizers did not disdain to attend these small streets of the world city.

And it helps to establish, if desire and affinity, a more open convention, an additional accessory. Secondly, and most importantly, I realized that to converse with those of my family who are of the generation of my children and grandchildren, I had a simple, direct, not ceremonial. Finished for some obligation couriers agreed to anniversaries and jargon of good uses too.

In the ease of communication, they could also share a playful spontaneity, and for me a better understanding of their interests and concerns, even their sociostyles - a word not too "Facebook"! "I soon 84 years and marvel at the Internet", by André I soon 84. I'm on Facebook a year ago.

Why? Just to keep me informed of the activities of my grandchildren through walls interposed. I also get news of my family and my friends. What internet! I am amazed every day. After Facebook, I spend on reading Google News. I who have known in my childhood kerosene lamps! I do not think this is a question of age, there is simply the desire to know.

"Mistrust is still the watchword," by Claude I'm on Facebook for my family and friends scattered Tech News Buzz, but also to find all these wonderful people met during my travels as an expatriate for over twenty years and in thirty-nine countries. I found some old students of a girls' high school where I taught English, they were between 15 and 18 and are now grandmothers.

Mistrust is still the watchword, I do not count the number of marriage proposals from young and pretty women nor may offers to share huge amounts. I wonder at what point you must be stupid or desperate to believe in this Santa Claus! "I hate pseudo-philosophical platitudes on the walls, but I love the political battles," by Lucio I registered to monitor the activities of my children and grandchildren in a non-invasive (avoids the "we do ever seen "," you have not called for a week "...).

I rarely on their walls. But their exchanges between them, I am aware of what they do, their plans, I see their pictures. I have not asked them not to become their friend, they're the ones who had the idea and encouraged me to register. Some of their friends came forward and widened my circle of friends to their friends.

Following are some things I could write, I also received invitations from strangers. Today I have a fifty correspondents who are between 20 and 60 years younger than me. I try to take a little while Tech News Buzz, but there are some that interest me more than others. I hate (for example) the pseudo-philosophical platitudes that some tend to display on their walls as if they were profound life lessons.

I love the fights against by policies such as the discussions between Belgians before the demonstration on 22 January in Brussels. More than for any comments or videos for YouTube, Facebook I use to write notes on everything and anything that nobody reads. But they are on the Web, available to all, and this gives me the illusion of having published.

"We can not imagine the loss of time, for trivial conversation," by Jean-Pierre I'm 79 years old, I use a lot of Internet research in all areas. I registered out of curiosity on Facebook. I realized that for many, it serves to exercise with their exhibitionism, as a corollary, the risk that the friends of friends of friends involved in their everyday lives and into their privacy.

Even greater risk if the user is minor. In addition to the risks of bad influence or bad games, you can not imagine wasting time on reading, thinking, sport, true friendship, for trivial conversations at ground level. I prefer emails, Skype or other networks like CouchSurfing to share with my friends or learn new ones.

If I have any advice to parents is that they guard their children from Facebook. "I have very few friends of my generation, they are terrorized by the Web," by Mary No French psychiatrist has enough experience to understand the appeal of Facebook. My daughter is American, I am the "friend" of my daughter on Facebook, which allows me to follow in real time all its activities despite the jet lag! Its activities and those of many of its 300 friends who do not make confidentiality or ostentation.

I have very few friends of my generation, they are terrorized by the net, the beast that reminds them of accusations of the last war. In summary, I still being very conservative: no year of birth, marital status, lock confidentiality. "Who does not see a bell he heard a bell," by Dominique I join to learn what I did not know, and what we do not say otherwise.

Who sees only heard a bell tower, still the same sound. "We are moving slowly in the game, even as we," by Evelyn from the Gen 68, we were working adults when the Internet appeared. We took the "thing" seriously from the beginning. So naturally we went from Minitel to the Internet, using the mail first as ordinary mail and then with unique photos and albums and then reduced videos.

At the end, you want to find childhood friends lost sight of, use the site "before Buddies" and we're happy to go back the past - an obvious sign of aging. The arrival of social networks like Facebook was first aroused in us a great deal of mistrust and it is sparingly we put some information on line for friends and family in foreign countries.

I admit that the way some young people use the network to tell all their doings and their moods puts us ill at ease, sometimes it sounds like cries for help to fight against loneliness. In our case, we move slowly into the game, even as we, with the birth of grandchildren who are found to the "A" even before their birth, not talking about more ...

These babies as future adult consumers do not even have right of reply, their parents and grandparents are responsible for this. Is this a good or bad? Time will tell. "It did a fun time," by Bernard Born in 1940, I use Facebook because I thought it was a fun match, send pictures to my family sometimes distant.

It did a fun time. I deleted my account when I realized that many used this way to "dump" their life on the Net and that they were not aware of the harm it could cause for the rest of their lives. Users are mostly young. I am sure that Facebook will be a "bubble" and I would not put a penny on it if the company was IPO as it comes, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment