Both AMD and Intel have officially presented the new server processors, AMD has presented five series Opteron 6100, including two 8-core CPU and three 12-core, while Intel has presented nine of the Xeon 5600 series architecture Westmere EP LGA for 1366, including three 6-core CPU, 5 to 4 CPU cores and a dual-core CPU.
- Dell to buy AMD? (16/02/2011)
- AMD cranks up Opteron clocks (14/02/2011)
- AMD refreshes Opteron server chips, says Bulldozer on track (14/02/2011)
- Dell Introduces PowerEdge Server With Latest Opteron Processor (15/02/2011)
- AMD Boosts Opteron Performance With More Cores (14/02/2011)
NYSE: AMD (googlefinance) Advanced Micro Devices (geolocation) AMD (homepage) Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) (wikinvest) AMD (crunchbase) Advanced Micro Devices (wikipedia) Xeon (wikipedia) Opteron (wikipedia) NASDAQ: INTC (googlefinance) SEHK: 4335 (googlefinance) Intel Corporation (geolocation) Intel (homepage) Intel (INTC) (wikinvest) Intel (crunchbase) Intel Corporation (wikipedia) Intel Corporation (youtube)